Tuesday, June 19, 2012

18

I know guys.  It's been a long time since the last post.  Truth be told last week was super busy between the day job... and Titus and my very first anniversary!!!  So I will diverge from my usual house chatting with mushy anniversary chatting. 




On June 18, 2011 Titus and I got married.  We picked the 18th because it is my very favorite number.  I was number 18 in college and my love of numbers (math degree...) keeps me clinging onto that beautiful number.  Now I get to cherish it for the rest of my life.

Onto my cherished husband and our first year of marriage...  Word on the street is the first year of marriage isn't a walk in the park.  We definitely had some ups and downs.

Like the process of finally selling Titus' house a month after we got married.  But only after his insurance redid the roof, siding, and the government shutdown ended.


And of course there was the touchy situation of splitting holidays between our newly acquired families.



Luckily having two families means you get to celebrate Christmas a lot.  We celebrated in Bemidji on Christmas, Fergus over New Year's, and at our home the weekend before Christmas.

I can't possibly leave out the amazing vacations we got to take together.  Like our honeymoon to Jamaica.


In September we got to travel to NYC and Mt. Bethel, PA for Titus' brother's wedding.


And the vacation of my dreams to Disney World!!!


We made sure to stop in at Harry Potter World at Islands of Adventure along the way...


Titus and I also very much love camping together, which is definitely one of the things we were most excited to do after getting married.


With the adventures of this blog, we have started our biggest adventure yet.  Somehow we have not only survived all the renovations we have done, but we have managed to have a great time doing them.  This may just be the beginning, but our first year of marriage is easily the best year of my life.   Love you Titus!


1 comment:

  1. A parent's greatest wish for their children is happiness. That is not to say that there will not be challenges and struggles, but together you work through those struggles and are stronger for it. Enjoy your next year together!!!!
    Love you both.

    ReplyDelete