Thursday, June 7, 2012

Expecto Patronum

One day I was casually browsing Home Goods for trio decor and I spotted the perfect aluminum Stag bust. I had been drooling over several much more expensive busts like this one, and this one. But at $19.99 at this silver stag was in the bag.


Since this stag is clearly Harry Potter's Patronus it will also protect our home from any dementors that come howling.

My new Patronus was born to live on the closet wall between our entryway and kitchen where it could watch over the entire upstairs.


When hanging the Patronus I put it at a height that looked balanced with the height of the actual wall without any regard to the height of passers by. The height wasn't super important since the Patronus doesn't actually stick out terribly far from the wall. So really the only people who would ever run into it would be tall people who like to hug the wall while walking in an effort to take the most efficient path.

After marking the location I wanted the Patronus, Titus drilled a whole and put in the anchor and screw since it wasn't on a stud and hung him up. I love him. Not as much as I love Jacque. I told you he is always on those stairs staring at the door.


My mother is convinced my Patronus is some idol from the Old Testament. I don't know who she thinks I am, but I can assure you, this house stay prays to the one and only.

Look how awesome his shadow looks in the light with his slightly curly horns. He rules (not my life Mom).


It's definitely relieving to be moving on to accessorizing and getting closer to being finished. I think it's about time for an updated to-do list.

1 comment:

  1. Your patronus is pretty cool now that I am convinced it's not an idol!!!

    ReplyDelete