We thought everyone could use a little update on what we have completed, and what still needs to be done. You might remember we started with a neon yellow, honey oak filled, out of style trio which you can burn your eyes out on here.
Since then, we have painted the yellow walls Silver Sateen. Painted all the trim in our upstairs. Cut off the garage door and cabinet connector wood. Sanded and painted (twice! here and here) the cabinets. Replace the cabinet hinges. Built a pantry. Installed a new light above the sink. Replaced the countertops, sink, and faucet. Ripped out the hideous linoleum and installed new laminate. Sanded and refinished the stairs and railing in darker stain. Purchased a new stainless stove. Purchased a new rug and decor (here and here) for the entryway.
Since our improving trio stood in a weeks long state unfinished potential for the past few weeks, I am posting this for my own selfish motivation. Additional kick in the pants has been brought to me by the amazingly hot weather we are having here in MN which prevents us from doing anything that involves moving outside. To clarify, my last statement was not a complaint about the weather being too hot, just hot enough to inspire me to get some indoor work done. I will cherish every blistering day of Minnesota summer.
My final kick in the pants is provided by my lazy self in the form of a unchecked off list. You may remember the original list here. And here is partially checked modified list:
12. Add trim around the base of the cabinets instead of quarter round
15. Paint the existing or buy new stools thatactually fit the peninsula
16. Install a backsplash
17. Install board and batten on stairs
19. Remove the hazardous windows inthe dining area that open into the downstairs
21. Buy a waterproof rug for theentryway closest to protect the laminate against Minnesota winter
22. Create some sort of wall decorin the dining room
24. Move stove outlet so stove can be pushed back into place properly
25. Repaint Silver Sateen around the cabinets
26. Bend the hinges on the misaligned cabinet doors so they close properly
Questionable to dos:
25. Get new light fixtures for above the table and in the entryway